Sunday, September 16, 2012

Baked Cotton Balls

I found a cool little activity to do today that I thought was going to turn out to be some totally AMAZING outcome, but the final outcome wasn't quite as exciting as I hoped. It was still fun and my little seemed to love the whole process.
 
What you'll need:
  • 1 Cup Flour
  • 1 Cup Water
  • Cotton Balls
  • Food Color
  • Baking Sheet
This has to be one of the easiest activities we've done in a while, and if you know me at all, fast, easy, and fun is what I'm all about. This pretty much covers all my bases!
 
I broke my recipe up into 4ths so I would have four different colors, but you can easily just do all one color in one bowl. I used four because we LOVE color in this house. I also used the Wilton Food Color in the tubs rather than the liquid dropper ones. The color is WAY more vibrant if you use the gel coloring rather than the liquid.  


 
Mix your flour and water in a bowl or as I did in four bowls.(or however many colors you want)
 
Add you color and mix it up!
 
 
Coat the cotton balls in the flour mixture
 
 
Once they're coated, put them on a non stick baking sheet. I lined mine with aluminum foil, but after it was done, I realized that it wasn't really necessary since it cooked up and got hard so it wouldn't stick to a non stick pan. Bake them in the oven on 300 degrees for about 45 minutes.
 
 
Our result was this hard rock like "thing" :)
 
 
After they cooled for a few minutes, I let him have at them with his toy hammer.
 
 
All in all this activity got my little in the kitchen and using his brain which is my main goal anyway. It wasn't the most amazing thing in the world, but he had fun and LOVED busting them up with the hammer! :)
 
 
 
Happy Crafting
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment