Thursday, September 6, 2012

Glitter Bottle

This fun activity can be multi purpose! I use this for more of a sensory toy, but I've seen people talk about using it as a timeout occupier...My little isn't quite old enough to understand the concept of timeout but that doesn't mean I don't put him in his room for 5 or 10 minutes when he's being a little pain in the you know what. This activity is super easy, and your little can help every step of the way!

What you'll need:
  • Water bottle (I used a Smart Water water bottle because the shape and size was about perfect  for little hands)
  • Glitter Glue (There's a ton of different options at Michael's, WalMart etc. I used Elmer's)
  • Glitter (Once again tons of options, next time I'll try fine glitter rather than the larger flakes)
  • Food Color (optional)
 
Now that you have the stuff, fill your water bottle 3/4 of the way with hot water. I heated my water in the microwave for a couple minutes, but your tap water will probably get hot enough. You want the water hot so it will make the glue melt into it better. After you add the water, pour in the whole bottle of glue. It will look clumpy at first, but it will eventually mix in. After the glue pour in your glitter of choice.



 
I added one drop of food color to make the color a little more blue. Then shake shake shake....shake shake shake...shake your boo....oops sorry got a little distracted there...just shake it up. At this point I super glued the cap on because my little would probably take the cap off and either drink this amazing looking "soda" or glue himself to the carpet! Didn't want to take the chance of making a call to poison control because of glue ingestion.

 
There you have it! Glitter bottle. You can feel free to make this whatever you want. Add little toys, balls, whatever you want to make it more appealing to your little. I've made several different types of this and it keeps my little occupied and surprisingly entertained.

 
Hours of endless play and that means more time for mommy to relax!
 
 

 
 
 
Happy Crafting

 


No comments:

Post a Comment