Friday, January 31, 2014

Easy Play Dough

 
 It's been a REALLY long time since I've posted a cool activity, but being in the military life has made me understand that things can get totally shaken up at any time...We've since moved to another state and have finally settled down at our new place.
So, we started back on our activity creations today, and I must say, today's activity was pretty cool.

What you'll Need:
  • 1 Cup Corn Starch
  • 3T to 1/2 Cup Liquid Soap (I used dish soap, but liquid shower gel, or hand soap works well too)
  • 3T oil (I used canola, but any cooking oil will work)
  • Glitter (optional)
  • Food Coloring (optional)


I used a medium sized mixing bowl and put all my ingredients in. I started mixing with a spoon, but quickly realized that my hands would do a much better job. Now this dough will go through a few different stages; dry, sticky, kinda wet. Basically you should mix it until you get the consistency that you like. The more oil you add, the more stretchy it will be. I wanted more of a play dough consistency so i didn't add as much soap. This dough is so soft and the oil makes it so smooth, and my little just LOVED it. It can get kind of crumbly depending on how much oil and soap you add, so it will take a little tweaking to get just right. 



 This is totally kid approved, so try it out. It's easy, quick, and fun which will make great memories for you and your kiddo to share! 






Happy Crafting



No comments:

Post a Comment