Thursday, August 29, 2019

Keto Friendly Tortillas


If you asked me what I'd want my last meal to be, it would definitely be tacos. Mexican food is my weakness and favorite of all time. When I began my keto journey, I didn't know how I'd manage without beloved tacos, shells, chips, etc. Well This fills the tortilla void that I was so desperately needing.
This recipe is simple, easy, and really quick to throw together. All things I love when creating. It helps that they're really delicious too! The recipe is simple and doesn't include any weird ingredients, in fact, you probably have most of the stuff already if you follow a low-carb or keto lifestyle.


What you'll need:
  • 8 Egg Whites
  • 1/3 c Coconut Flour
  • 8-10 Tbs Water
  • 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
Optional Ingredients to Taste
  • Garlic Powder
  • Onion Powder
  • Cumin

Mix all ingredients together until you get a thin batter. If it's too thick (like pancake batter) add more water a tsp at a time. Once mixed, use a 1/4 c measuring cup to make even sized tortillas in a heated, greased (cooking spray of choice) skillet. Once poured, swirl pan immediately to spread. Cook for a min (until you see bubbles form) then flip for another minute. Keep tortillas under a warm wet cloth to keep from drying out. Then devour as needed! 




Happy Cooking


No comments:

Post a Comment