Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Coffee Filter Cut Outs

Since Fall is my FAVORITE season, I always get in the swing of it a bit early! The smells, the colors, wearing jeans and hoodies are a few of my favorite things about this wonderful time of year.
Since it was cool and rainy today we decided to tackle something fall related. My first thought was LEAVES! Who doesn't love jumping in a huge pile!?! Well, we aren't jumping in any today, but I thought we could make some!
 
What you'll need:
  •  Coffee Filters
  • Markers
  • Spray bottle (of water)
  • Parchment paper or cookie sheets
 
 
Lay out your coffee filter flat, and get to coloring. Just bits of color everywhere. You can't color too much, so go to town!!
 
 
 
Once you have them colored the way you like (this is where the cookie sheet comes in handy) put them on a surface you're not worried about getting wet with the water and markers. Spray a few sprays of the water. The more water you spray the lighter the colors will be. So use your own preference. We did a few in other colors because my little got carried away and didn't want to stop coloring :)
 
 
 
It's ok if the colors aren't all together, once the water gets on there, the colors will all blend together!
 
 
Our result!
 
 
I crinkled up the fall color ones so we can cut out leaf shapes. We found a few leaves to trace and hung them on the front door and the frig. The other color ones I cut out a heart, fish, and other shapes. This is where your creative mind comes in, do whatever you'd like!
 
 
 
Happy Crafting
 


No comments:

Post a Comment