Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Slime Project

Ok, so as I was scouring the Internet trying to find an activity for my 2 year old to create, I ran across slime...Extremely messy and gross sounding were the first thoughts that popped into my head, but on the other hand I was completely intrigued. So I looked through a few different takes on the idea, and settled on this one. Extremely easy, and not overly messy!

Here's what you'll need:
  • 1 1/2 Cups Sta-Flo Liquid Starch
  • 1 1/2 Cups Clear Elmer's Glue
  • Food Color (optional)

 
With me so far? Great! Now the idea is to mix equal parts in a bowl until it becomes quite gooey. This takes a while so be patient. You may also have to tweak the ingredient amounts to get the consistency you want. Mix, mix, mix!
 

 
 
After you get the consistency you want, separate the goo in a few separate bowls and add come color to spice up the experience a bit. This part is completely optional, but what is slime without green coloring?! Once again, mix, mix, mix!
 

 
 
And waaalaaa (I really have no idea how to spell that, but you get the idea) gooey slime! My little played with this forever and managed to stay out of my hair for at least an hour, and in mommy time, an hour of play is HEAVEN!
 

 
 
 
 
After he was done, I wiped up the residue left on my table and stuck it in a Ziploc bag. I'm not sure how long this will keep, but we've had ours for a couple weeks and it's still as slimy as the day we made it.
 
 
Happy Crafting
 

2 comments:

  1. I am totally going to try this with my 2 year old tomorrow! Hopefully I don't have any issues finding liquid starch.. I have never even tried looking for it before HAHA.

    ReplyDelete