Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fall Wreath

 
As I was browsing the isles of Michael's recently, I saw a ton of things to make wreaths. I was going to just buy a fall one, but I thought making one would be more up my alley.
All of their supplies for wreath making is 50-60% off right now, so how in the world could I pass that up? I love me a bargain! I decided on a few things and when I got home I laid everything out on the counter, not having a clue how in the world I was going to do this, or what I even wanted this thing to really look like.
 

 
There's no real directions for a project like this, so this won't be my usual step by step craft. This just takes some patience and creativity.
I will show you the steps I used for this awesome (if I do say so myself) Fall Wreath!
 
I decided I wanted to put our last name initial on this wreath to make it extra special and unique to our family, so I got a wooden letter and painted it what color I wanted with some acrylic paints.
 
 
I hot glued all my leaves, pine cones, little pumpkins, gourds, & berries on in no particular way, and crossed my fingers that it would turn out good. Of which I think it did! :) Now that I know this is easy and do-able, my next one is going to be BIGGER!! This craft was pretty inexpensive. Since I got most of my supplies on sale, I'd say it was about $20 (maybe even less). I know you can buy one for that, but it's definitely not going to be as special as this one!
 
 
 
 
 
Happy Crafting


No comments:

Post a Comment