Friday, October 12, 2012

Cinnamon Honey Wheat Thins

 
Going along with my healthy sanckity snack kick is these Cinnamon Honey Wheat Thins.
My little loves anything cookie or crackers out of a box, but I figured I would make my own this time. Not only will I save money, but it's WAAAY healthier. I know what's going into these crackers which makes me happy happy happy!!
There's this blog that I fell in LOVE with reciently, and she is pretty amazing at coming up with healthy foods and snacks. Check her page out, because she is where I got my inspiration to make these healthy babies!! Weelicious is awesome!
 
What you'll need:
  •  1 1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
  •  1/2 tsp Salt
  •  1 tsp Cinnamon
  •  4 Tbs Butter (I used unsalted, but either will work)
  •  2 Tbs Honey
  •  1/4 Cup Water
  •  1/4 tsp Vanilla
 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In your food processor, add the flour, cinnamon, salt, and butter. Pulse until combined, and looks like crumbs.
 
 
In a seperate bowl, mix together the water, honey, and vanilla. Slowly add it to the food processor until a dough forms.
Remove from the food processor and seperate into 4 equal parts.
 
 
Roll out each part on a smooth floured surface. You'll want to roll these as thin as you can. Try for like 1/16 of an inch. Yea I know that's really thin, but the thinner the better here. Some of mine where a bit thick and didn't give that crunch I was looking for, but still yummy none the less.
Once you roll them out, cut them into 1 inch squares. Carefully put them on a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake for about 5-7 minutes. They will burn VERY easily since they are so thin, so keep a close eye on them. They will get dark much quicker if you put them directly on a baking sheet, so if you don't have parchment paper or a Silpat liner, watch them closely.
 
 
These turned out great. Not too sweet. Just right, and the little LOVES them!
 
 
 
 
Happy Crafting



No comments:

Post a Comment