Sunday, October 28, 2012

GAK

 
A while back, I did a post on homemade slime. Although it was pretty cool, I wanted to make something a little more GAK like....When I was little, me and my grandpa would play with this stuff for hours. Anytime I got a spare dollar, Gak is what I spent my money on. I wanted to make this amazing creation for my little at home since crafting is our "thing".
We gathered our ingredients and went to work. This is easy, surprisingly clean, and fast!
 
What you'll need:
  •  1 tsp. Borax (found in the laundry section at Wal-Mart)
  •  2 Bottles of white Elmer's Glue
  •  1/2 Cup warm water (plus the amount to fill the bottles)
  •  Food Coloring
  •  Mixing Bowl
  •  Small mixing bowl or plastic cup

 
Pour your two bottles of Elmer's Glue into your mixing bowl. Fill the empty bottles with warm water and shake. Add that to your mixing bowl.
 
 
Add your food coloring. I used the Betty Crocker Neon gel colors, but any food coloring will do. I just thought that Gak just isn't Gak if it isn't that neon slime green color.
 
 
Mix that together well and set aside.
Add 1/2 cup warm water to your smaller bowl or plastic cup. Add 1 tsp of your borax to the warm water and stir. Add the Borax mixture to your glue/water mixture. You will notice it get stringy immediately.
 
 
Continue mixing with your hands until it all comes together. This literally takes 30 seconds. (I told you this was fast)
Amazingly once this is mixed it's clean and doesn't leave a film or stickiness on your hands at all. You may want to avoid getting it on your clothes or cloth of any sort. My little got it on his shirt, and it was kind of a blobby mess, but it did come off after a little scrubbing.
 
 
This kept my little busy for a LONG time, which is an A+ in this momma's book.
 
 
 
 
 
Happy Crafting 


1 comment:

  1. I am going to try this one too.. especially if its a little less messy. I am excited!

    ReplyDelete