Thursday, October 11, 2012

Whole Wheat Cheddar Crackers

 
Today I was thinking of how tired I am of my little snacking on junk! I've had enough of this chip and cookie thing, that unfortunately, I've kinda let slide lately.
I was browsing the internet looking for healthy snackity snacks for my little to carry around that follows my criteria: easy, tasty, healthy, NON-messy, and definitely toteable!!! My little isn't a huge eater, more of a snacker. He eats a little bit of stuff several times a day. I guess this is why he has SOOO much energy, and I can barely keep up!
I came across a snack that met my criteria, so here we are!!
 
What you'll need:
  •  2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese (you can use the pre-shredded kind, but it may not melt as   well)
  •  1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
  •  1 Tbs any salt-free seasoning (I make my own, but there's tons of salt/MSG free seasonings at  the grocery store ie: mrs. dash)
  •  6 Tbs Unsalted butter (chilled)
  •  1-2 Tbs Water

Pre heat your oven to 400 degrees.
Put the first three ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine.
 
 
Once combined, add the butter in chunks. Pulse until it forms a ball. You may need to add one or two tablespoons of water to form the ball. Use your own judgement.
Once combined, roll out on a well floured smooth surface. Roll out to about 1/4 inch think.
 
 
Cut out shapes or cut into squares. I used cookie cutters that I had, stars, triangles, and squares.
Place on a cookie sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes depending on the size of your shapes. Just keep a close eye on them!
 
 
Our result turned out wonderful. I couldn't keep my little from getting into them. I even like snacking on them too....Healthy toteable snacks is what this is all about!
 
 
 
 
 
Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment