Sunday, October 21, 2012

Puffy Paint

 
Our Sunday funday craft today was "Puffy Paints"
I saw this online somewhere and I thought it was just too cool. This is so easy and I bet you already have exactly what you need in the pantry!
Next time I make these, I'm going to put WAY more paint on the page, but I was just doodling today. It looks better if you cover the page in doodles/art. It looks too bare with paint just here and there. It still turned out pretty cool though!
 
What you'll need:
  •  1 Tbs Self Rising Flour (if you don't have any in the pantry, I have a recipe at the bottom to make  your own)
  •  1 Tbs Salt
  •  Small Mixing Bowls
  •  Food Coloring
  •  Water
 
Add your ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir. Yes it's seriously THAT easy. There's no real measurement amount for the water. Just use your own judgement for what consistency you want. It should be similar to a slightly thick pancake batter.
 
 
 
Once you have it all mixed together, have at it. I believe the original idea I saw said to use cardboard as your paper. I did not have that, so I used a thick card stock paper that worked just fine. It may crinkle a slight bit if you cook it too long though.
Once you have it the way you want, put it in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds.
 
 
Once you do that, it gets hard and you can put it on display for all to see! :)
 
 
 
 
For 1 Cup of Self Rising Flour:
  •  1 Cup All Purpose Flour
  •  1 1/4 t. Baking Powder
  •  1/8 t. Salt
  •   
  
 
Happy Crafting
 


No comments:

Post a Comment